Anaesthetic Team Leader - Band 6
- Band 6
- Permanent: Substantive or secondment
- Full time, 37.5 hours per week
- Southmead Hospital
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- 22/10/2020 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Band 6 Theatre Practitioner in Anaesthetics (Operating Department Practitioner or Registered Nurse with post graduate qualification)
North Bristol NHS Trust is the largest hospital Trust in the South West of England, providing hospital and community healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset. We are also a specialist regional centre for a number of services including neurosurgery, renal medicine, plastics, burns, woman and children's health, and orthopaedics. We are also the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region.
At North Bristol NHS Trust we have 34 operating theatres and interventional suites delivering a wide range of pioneering surgery. We are looking for exceptional Theatre Practitioners (RN/ODP) who are capable of working within a dynamic service and have experience in anaesthetics. .
You must be organised, have excellent communication and clinical skills and be able to work effectively alongside the established teams to deliver holistic patient care. Evidence of leading teams, engagement in recruitment and retention activities and supervising students / supporting programmes of learning would be an advantage.
In addition you must have:
- Operating Department Practitioner registered with the Health Professions Council (HCPC) OR a NMC registered Nurse (with appropriate and accredited post-graduate anaesthetic module/course)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Extensive knowledge of patient care / needs in the theatre environment
- Extensive experience in anaesthetics
- Evidence of leading a team within a clinical environment
- Proven experience of managing change within a clinical setting
- A recognised mentor qualification and experience of supporting learners would be advantageous.
This is a full-time role but this Trust is open to hearing from practitioners seeking to negotiate a part-time opportunity of no less than 30 hours per week; fixed hours cannot be guaranteed.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- James Chesterton
- Job title
- Clinical Coordinator Anaesthetics
- Email address
- Telephone number