Registered Nurse- Vascular (Experienced and Newly Qualifying Nurses)
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Brunel Building
- £25655 to £31534
- 31/12/2021 23:59
So, you’re eager to learn more about Registered Nursing opportunities within our vascular department at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our Major Arterial Centre delivers the vascular service for the 1.12million people of Bristol, North Somerset, Bath, North East Somerset, South Gloucestershire and Wiltshire and we deliver both elective and emergency vascular care.
- Vascular surgery has been recognised as a leading service at North Bristol NHS Trust, alongside our regional trauma, renal, neurosurgery and plastic units. We have a 34-bedded vascular ward in the Brunel building and both a dedicated operating theatre and hybrid theatre available for the vascular service.
- We support our nurses to develop specialist skills, including training for specialized dressings, tissue viability and wound care, including vac therapy, Thrombolysis, Doppler scanning, IV, PICC and CVP care.
- We deal with many complex wounds and there would be an opportunity during induction to the ward to spend time at the vascular hot clinic
Through a culture of openness and mutual respect we work with our patients and their families to deliver high quality and safe care. We will continuously strive to support our patients to make the best choices regarding their treatment, so every day in hospital is a value added day.
But it’s not just our nursing teams which are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA
- Our staff don’t shy away from a challenge in aid of Southmead Hospital Charity. They cycle, run, row and race in aid of a fantastic cause, or sing in our staff choir and compete in ‘Southmead Does Strictly’.
- We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people
- We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2020 staff survey, our response rate was 4% higher than the national average. We are continuing to strive for improvement with 72% of staff saying they would recommend our organisation as a place to work (up 3% from last year and 6% better than the national average)
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced registered nurse working in the hospital setting, eager for your next career move?
- A newly qualified nurse ready to take the leap from theory to the clinical setting, supported by a structure preceptorship and inspirational team?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Number: 0117 414 4550
Looking for Flexible Working options?
Contact NurseAvailability@nbt.nhs.uk to find out about joining NBTeXtra