Registered Nurse- Surgical Assessment Unit
- Band 5
- Full time - 37.5 hours per week
- Brunel Building
- £24,214 - £30,112 per anum
- 27/09/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
So, you’re eager to learn more about Registered Nursing opportunities within our Surgical Assessment Unit at North Bristol NHS Trust. Here are some of the reasons we’re unique…
- Our multidisciplinary team consists of Acute Surgical Consultants, pharmacists, junior doctors and physiotherapists, who work collaboratively to treat a complex mix of acutely unwell surgical patients.
- Our nurses gain experience in all surgical specialties, including vascular, plastics, urology and general surgery. We receive all emergency admissions for these specialties.
- Our nurses deal with all manner of Acute surgical conditions making this area a great place to grow your skill set in this dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Our staff care for patients in both our busy acute 32 bedded Surgical Assessment Unit (gate 32b) and our SAU Hot Clinic (gate 36), which is suitable for patients with general surgery or urology problems who might require admission to hospital.
- Our nurses move through our bespoke rotation packages across specialties, because we’re passionate about offering internal and external training for career progression and our nurses are supported to develop their skills. We assignin newly qualified starters a dedicated band 6 assessor for additional support, alongside our Trustwide preceptorship scheme.
But it’s not just our nursing teams which are impressive; our trust itself is pioneering in its approach to healthcare. Let us tell you a little more about it…
- Our health and well-being initiatives, devised by our dedicated staff wellbeing team, encompass lifestyle support, physical support and psychological support, and have been nationally recognised by REBA.
- We value staff feedback; in the results of our 2020 staff survey, our response rate was 4% higher than the national average. We are continuing to strive for improvement with 72% of staff saying they would recommend our organisation as a place to work (up 3% from last year and 6% better than the national average)
We’re committed to supporting staff on their career journey with us offering personalised training packages and bespoke specialty rotations.
- Staff are consulted on equity issues across the trust within their staff equality and development groups, with mentoring and support to succeed. Our trust is supporting the development of Bristol’s LGBT+ manifesto and a case study of good practice has been reported to NHS England in response to a government review of public services and Trans people
- Our clinical environment is award-winning in its approach to healthcare design; each patient room has a view, many of which are naturally ventilated and 75% of rooms in our Brunel Building are single and en-suite. With nurses in mind, our clinical spine carefully separates staff and patient areas, with a generous staff canteen extending out to a rooftop terrace.
- Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and it has a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g. Portishead, Chepstow)
Right, that’s enough about us… let’s focus on you. Are you…
- An experienced registered nurse working in the hospital setting, eager for your next career move?
- Looking for a challenging role, working with an inspirational team?
So, are we right for each other? Here are your next steps…
- Submit your application via this advert
- Book a place at our engagement events to tour Southmead Hospital, meet the teams you could be working with, and understand the trust’s approach to patient care.
- Follow us on social media to join in the conversation and gain an insight into life at North Bristol NHS Trust (search @NBTNursing on Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin and Instagram)
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (Amendment) (England and Wales) Order 2020 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Number: 0117 414 4550
Looking for Flexible Working options?
Contact NurseAvailability@nbt.nhs.uk to find out about joining NBTeXtra