Theatre Practitioner Scrub Team Leader - Band 6
- Band 6
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Brunel Building, Southmead Hospital
- £31,365 - £37,890 per annum
- Today at 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Band 6 Scrub Practitioners (Registered Nurses or Operating Department Practitioners) for the Elective Orthopaedic Theatre Cluster
North Bristol NHS Trust is the largest hospital Trust in the South West of England, providing hospital and community healthcare to the residents of Bristol, South Gloucestershire and North Somerset. We are also a specialist regional centre for a number of services including Elective Orthopaedics and we are also the Major Trauma Centre for the South West Region. Due to career developments within our scrub team we have exciting opportunities for Scrub Practitioners to apply for Band 6 Team Leader Posts.
We are looking for exceptional Scrub Practitioners (RN/ODP) who are capable of working within a dynamic service; we are particularly interested in individuals with experience in Elective Orthopaedic Surgery.
As a Band 6 you will be a clinical and professional role model and will be responsible for leading a team. You must be highly motivated, organised, have excellent communication and clinical skills and be able to work effectively alongside the established teams to deliver holistic patient care.
In addition you must have:
- Current NMC registration OR be an Operating Department Practitioner registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Extensive knowledge of patient care needs in theatre environment.
- Ability to work a full pattern of shifts, including late shifts, and nights
- Experience of working in Elective Orthopaedic theatres and leading a team
- Experience of supporting students and novice staff is essential and a mentor-ship course would be desirable
Elective Orthopaedic Theatres offer a dynamic and friendly working environment where teamwork is highly valued. If you are committed to furthering your career pathway in theatres, we can offer you support to extend your skills, including:
- Induction and orientation programme and a supernumerary period
- Support from your Clinical Coordinators, multi-disciplinary colleagues and a dedicated Perioperative Development Team
- Regular in-house training programmes
- Re-validation support for NMC/HCPC registrants
This is a full-time role; due to service provision fixed hours cannot be guaranteed.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
Jordi Albinana Martinez
Clinical Coordinator for Elective Orthopaedic Theatres
Tel: 0117 41 47325