- Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- 339-ASCR- GENERAL
- Brunel Building
- £23,023-£29,608 per anum pro rata
- 08/01/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Staff Nurse – Surgery - Band 5 Up to £29.6k + Excellent NHS Benefits
Staff Nurses are required to work in our Anaesthetics, Surgery, Critical Care and Renal Division, the largest Division at North Bristol Trust. There are a wide range of specialties within this division which include Vascular, General Surgery, Urology, Burns and Plastics, our Surgical Admissions Unit and Renal Transplantation Centre. You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary of between £23,023k and £29,608k (AFC Band 5) – depending on experience.
WHY APPLY? - These Staff Nurse roles are a fantastic opportunity to work within:
• The Bristol Urological Institute- the largest Urology Department in the country
• A major arterial centre for the South West- with a dedicated operating theatre, hybrid theatre for our vascular service
• Dedicated vascular laboratories- providing training in vascular ultrasound
• A leading tertiary referral centre of all aspects of plastic surgery
• Daily plastic surgery trauma and burns clinics for adults
• The second largest plastic surgery department in the country supported by a multi-disciplinary team
• A Regional Transplant Renal Centre and supporting Satellite Dialysis Units.
• A highly supportive team lead by the senior nursing teams equipping you with the knowledge and skills to enhance you career
•A division with a diverse range of opportunities in both clinical and managerial progression with the option for bespoke rotation packages across specialties, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you achieve your career aspirations and realise your full potential.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history.
THE ROLE – As a Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
• Working with patients who have attended for trauma, emergency or elective status
• Being responsible for dressings wound care in all units
• Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, including Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists
• Caring for all patients during their stay within ASCR pre and post operatively including any rehabilitation they may require.
• Being part of the preoperative assessments and outpatient’s clinic
• Caring for emergency patients admitted under the care of all surgical specialities
• Providing additional support to other areas within the ASCR division as and when required
• Embracing the core values of the Trust at all times
YOU: The successful Staff Nurse will be:
• A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
• Passionate about delivering patient centered care
• Innovative with progressive ideas
• Adaptable to change with willingness to learn and progress
• A team player
Apply now! Or contact email@example.com / 01174 145 980 for more information.
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).