- Band 5
- 37.5 hours per week
- Brunel Building
- £23,023 - £29,608 per annum pro rata
- 08/01/2019 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
Registered Staff Nurse – Vascular Ward - Band 5 Up to £29.6k + Excellent NHS Benefits
***RELOCATION SUPPORT AVAILABLE UP TO £4,000***
Staff Nurses are required to work in our Vascular Ward 33B within the largest Division at North Bristol Trust. You will be working in our major Arterial centre where you will be responsible for the delivery of both elective and emergency vascular care.
You will be based at our state-of-the art £450m Southmead Hospital with a basic salary between £23,023 and £29,608 (AFC Band 5) dependent on experience/service, plus excellent NHS benefits.
****SKYPE INTERVIEWS AVAILABLE FOR OUT OF AREA CANDIDATES*****
WHY APPLY? - These Staff Nurse roles are a fantastic opportunity to work within:
- A busy and exciting specialty with supportive Multi-disciplinary team
- A Ward who offers training for specialized dressing and tissue viability wound care.
- A major arterial centre for the South West- with a dedicated operating theatre, hybrid theatre for our vascular service.
- Flexible interview options – If you do not live locally we can offer interviews via Skype or face to face –whichever is easiest for you.
- A division with a diverse range of opportunities in both clinical and managerial progression with the option for bespoke rotation packages across specialties, and a well-structured and supported preceptorship programme to help you achieve your career aspirations and realise your full potential.
Bristol is consistently voted the best place to live in the UK, with vibrant local music, arts and gastronomic scenes, a wide range of modern and state of the art shopping, recreation and leisure facilities, a wealth of great local family days out, fantastic transport links for local, national and internal holidays, and a rich history. If you prefer country, village or smaller town living, NBT is also easily commutable from a range of attractive locations in North Somerset, South Gloucestershire and South Wales (e.g Portishead, Chepstow, Clevedon, Nailsea, Frome and Thornbury)
Relocation support- available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
THE ROLE – As a Staff Nurse, you will play a key role within a team of nursing staff in the delivery of evidence based patient-centered care, which is of a high standard. Key duties will include:
- Being responsible for dressings wound care in all units
- Working closely with members of the multidisciplinary team, including Physiotherapists and Occupational Therapists
- Caring for all patients during their stay within ASCR pre and post operatively including any rehabilitation they may require.
- Liaising with community nurses in assisting patients prepared for home
- Caring for patients who require vascular therapy
- Embracing the core values of the Trust at all times
- Relocation support available for up to £4,000 for eligible applicants*. Please email email@example.com for more details.
YOU: The successful candidate will be:
- A Registered Nurse with active NMC registration
- Flexible to work across different shift patterns
- Passionate and empathic with patients
- Dynamic and professional individual
- Knowledgeable & understands and adheres to policy and procedures
- Team Player who is able to work within a team in a busy environment supporting colleagues to provide the best care for the patient
Apply now! Or contact firstname.lastname@example.org / 01174 145 980 for more information.
We offer flexible working in line with our flexible working policy.
If it’s not for you please share with anyone who might be interested – thanks!
Unfortunately due to the volume of applications, we are unable to reply to unsuccessful applications. However, we will give full feedback to all candidates that have been shortlisted!
****This Role is eligible for our Internal Refer a Friend Scheme***
*Relocation- Criteria for eligibility is detailed in Trust Relocation policy and will need to be confirmed at offer.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact