NHS AfC: Band 3
- Technical Assistant - Medical Equipment
- NHS AfC: Band 3
- Full time: 37.5 hours per week
- Bristol Centre for Enablement
- £19,737 - £21,142 Per Annum
- 28/01/2021 23:59
Please note that if you apply for a position with this Trust, you may be contacted via Trac or via email. This includes invites for job interviews. We therefore recommend that you regularly check your Trac Account and email accounts.
Please note that this job advert will close as soon as sufficient applications have been received. So if you are interested, please apply for this vacancy as soon as you can.
The Wheelchair and Special Seating Repair Service, based at BCE, Cribbs Causeway, require an enthusiastic Technical Assistant to join our busy Service Repair and Stores team. You will be part of one of the largest NHS trusts in the UK, supporting the Field Service Engineers in the Gloucestershire, Bristol and the Bath area’s as part of our specialist team undertaking repairs and maintenance to a wide range of mobility equipment.
You will undertake repairs and refurbishments to mechanical and electrical medical equipment such as wheelchairs, components and batteries, carrying out diagnostic testing of faulty control boxes in a variety of community settings (eg home addresses) as well as the workshop.
The post carries the potential to be linked to an apprenticeship, in order to carry on 'Lifetime Learning'
- Will have the ability to work efficiently and methodically under pressure.
- Be comfortable handling a busy and demanding work load and have a flexible work ethos.
- Have a sound engineering background that includes electronics bias.
- Be a good faultfinder, analytical and enjoy problem solving.
- Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have a ‘can do’ attitude and a desire to reach your clients expectations.
- Able to identify the correct parts needed for a repair.
- Will learn how disassemble equipment for recycling.
- Cover duties of other team members as necessary.
- Is for 37.5 hours per week.
- Attracts Band 3 pay scale
- Service vehicle during working hours
- Ample free parking at operations site.
- Full range of excellent NHS benefits.
WHY THIS ROLE
- As a competent technician you will make a real difference in the community and have the satisfaction of seeing your work provide quality to people’s life
- A unique role that will challenge you and motivate you, providing a work experience unlike any other.
- You will Learn for the Future, ensuring a career pathway opens for you.
- Stable job security.
If you have what it takes to be our next engineering champion, then we would like to hear from you.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
Further details / informal visits contact
- Stefan Sowka
- Job title
- Wheelchair Repair and Service Manager
- Email address
- Telephone number
- 0117 4145938